Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012
Build 220.127.116.114 (4/26/2011)
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 is a comprehensive solution designed to protect home users against all types of data threats.
To ensure the proper functioning of the application, your computer should meet the following requirements:
- General requirements
- 480 MB free disk space.
- CD/DVD-ROM (to install the application from the distribution CD).
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher.
- Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0.
- Internet connection to activate the application, update databases and application modules.
- Operating systems
- For Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 2 or later), Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2 or later), Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (Service Pack 2 or later):
- Intel Pentium 800 MHz or higher (or a compatible equivalent);
- 512 MB free RAM.
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic, Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium, Microsoft Windows Vista Business, Microsoft Windows Vista Enterprise, Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate, Microsoft Windows 7 Starter, Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic, Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate:
- Intel Pentium 1 GHz 32-bit (x86)/64-bit (x64) processor or higher (or a compatible equivalent);
- 1 GB free RAM (for 32-bit operating systems); 2 GB free RAM (for 64-bit operating systems).
Requirements for netbooks:
- Intel Atom 1.6 GHz or a compatible equivalent.
- Intel GMA950 with at least 64 MB of memory (or a compatible equivalent).
- Minimum screen resolution 1024 х 576.
To install the application, run the setup file and follow the Setup Wizard's instructions.
- The installation procedure of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 allows you to uninstall all applications that, when running simultaneously with Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012, may cause slowdowns (up to complete non-operability) on the user's computer.
- You can install the application over the following applications:
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010 or 2011
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 or 2011
WHAT'S NEW IN KASPERSKY ANTI-VIRUS 2012
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 is a comprehensive data protection tool. The application protects you from viruses and malware, unknown threats and Internet fraud.
The multifaceted protection covers all channels for data transfer and exchange. Flexible configuration provided for each protection component lets users adapt Kaspersky Anti-Virus to their specific needs.
What's new in the application interface:
- The Task Manager, which allows you to view all completed scan tasks and those in progress, has been added.
- The redesigned interface of the main window now allows you to view all the necessary information about the computer protection status, activity of protection components, update status of anti-virus databases, and license validity period.
- The section providing information about the cloud protection, has been added.
- The search by key word, which allows you to find the required settings or functionality from the main window, has been added.
- Viewing of Kaspersky Lab news has been optimized.
- The support of touchscreens has been added.
- Application reports are easy-to-see.
- The gadget's design has been improved; also, the list of actions that can be performed using the gadget, has been expanded.
- The procedure for searching incompatible software has been improved, which allows to avoid conflicts between applications.
- The list of an application's actions that you can roll back if that application is considered to be malicious, has been expanded.
- The System Watcher technology has been improved: not only does it now collect information about actions performed by an application during the current session, but it also collects information during all the previous sessions.
- The application threat rating technology, which is based on the analysis of applications' behavior in other users' systems, has been improved.
- The option of checking the reputation of an application, its threat rating, and usage statistics from other users before running that application, has been added.
- The functionality of Kaspersky URL Advisor has been improved: the option of viewing additional information about categories of websites has been added.
- The list of supported web browsers has been expanded.
- The cloud protection has been significantly improved. A blend of cloud technologies and traditional signature methods ensures a high level of protection for your computer regardless of whether it is connected to the Internet constantly or not.
- Download of updates has been accelerated. The update process does not impact other running applications, conceding them priority in using the hard drive.
- Efficiency of protection against rootkits has been increased: the technologies designed for preventing the loading process of the operating system from being intercepted by malware, have been improved.
- The self-defense technology has been improved: it is now active since the very beginning of the application installation process, preventing attempts of disabling the anti-virus protection; it can be disabled upon the user's request only. The application's impact on the operating system's performance and the user's typical operations has been reduced. For example, the impact on the operating system's loading time and the applications' launching time has been reduced.
- The procedures of activating the application, purchasing and renewing the license have been simplified, as well as switching from the trial version to the commercial one.
MAIN KNOWN ISSUES
- When installing Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 over the 2011 version, the previously activated additional license for the 2011 version will not be inherited by the 2012 version.
- If AVPTool (Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool) is detected on your computer during the installation, it is required that you either select automatic uninstallation of this application followed by reboot, or uninstall it manually.
- The limiting of the maximum size cannot be applied to Quarantine and Backup correctly.
- If File Anti-Virus has been paused by schedule, the item misses in the context menu of the application.
- Some windows of the application don't follow completely MS recommendations regarding managing from keyboard (Tab, Alt-X).
- The application may return errors when copying updates to a non-existing folder.
- In some cases, no characters can be entered at the Virtual Keyboard in entry fields of web browsers or applications.
ADDITIONAL SOURCES OF INFORMATION
© 1997-2011 Kaspersky Lab ZAO. All Rights Reserved.